Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello Summer!

Weekend Wrap Up

Hey gang. How goes it? Hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I enjoyed mine.  Friday night we didn't get to have a campfire as it was a bit breezy, but lovely just the same. So we sat out on the patio and some of the neighborhoodlums wandered over, Gerry and Sandee to be specific.

Sandee headed home because she was beat after a long day and a road trip, so G, Gerry and I headed inside for a little youtubing. We played some serious throwbacks and great craic!

Saturday, we spent some time in the yard and then I headed to my niece Cait's baby shower. She has a little less than a month to go before baby Olivia Marie arrives.

It was a perfect day for the festivities.


I even won a prize. We had to cut a length of ribbon as long as we thought Cait's baby belly was around. Well, first everyone was telling me I was going way too long so I went short. Then they were all chiming that I'd gone way to short and it would never fit around. Lo and behold, mine was bang on!

My niece Maddie (on the left) came in second with only a tiny gap.


I got to take pictures of some pretty cute munchkins at the shower, including baby Teddy, our niece Nicole's (center above) best friend Abby's latest cherub. We've watched Ab grow up and now she's a mom twice over. Where does the time go.

Cuteness alert! Just look at these toes!


When I got home it was a still a beautiful evening out.


 
G had cut down our dead (insert sad face here) apple tree. It was completely hollow inside and we had milked it as long as we could. So, G built a campfire and threw some of the trunk on.  The flames shot right up through the middle.


Sunday was another glorious day. I spent it working on the pool, which I predict I will be in by the end of today. When I wasn't doing that, I was in the garden. Planting two more potatoes, doing some more mulching, mounding up around my potatoes so they produce more spuds.

Everything is looking good, including the beans.


The cardboard and leaves combo is doing a great job of keeping the weeds down. Can I get an amen on that one?

The weekend ended with great World Cup match against Portugal, who is ranked higher than the USA.  Well, we let them score on a weird bounce of the ball off our defender's leg as he was trying to clear it away from the goal. That was in the first 5 minutes. Bummer. We didn't let it bring us down though. We played great, and our player Jermaine Jones came back and put one in from 64 feet out. It was monstrous. Then, we score another great goal, a real team effort ending with Clint Dempsey hip checking it in. It was classic. We were looking good. We were looking great. And then came 5 minutes of injury time added on. Down the the last 30 or so seconds and we couldn't stop Portugal from scoring. Talk about deflated hearts. That close to a big win. Ugh. But at least we came away with a tie and not a loss.

Then there was sunset meadows to soothe my woes. 


Ah, that's better.
And all was right with the world.

What's on your plate for the week? Mine has lots of collateral design, ad design, some email marketing design and revisions. Full plate for sure.

Make it a good one!

Ciao for now,




8 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos ... especially those baby feet - priceless!!! Remember to pause in your full week for a cup of tea or a few minutes just for you... happy summer Hugs and Blessings, Celia M. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia! I WILL pause for a cuppa tea. Thanks for the reminder. Hope all is well on your end

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a delightful weekend! I must agree, time sure flies and when kids are thrown in to the mix, it just zooms by....and I HATE IT! I cant recall how many times I've asked my own to stop growing, at least a few thousand times! Wishing you an amazing week lady! xoxo ~Ashley shehimthem.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'blink of an eye'. literally. you look back and say, 'what'? how is it possible that much time has gone by so quickly. enjoy each moment!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo baby toes! On the weed front - I hear newspaper put down first and weed mesh is an unbeatable combo - need to try it out myself though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! newspaper works great too. and then like the carboard and leaves, decomposes right into the garden. woot woot!

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a wonderful weekend you had and that sunset makes me swoon:) Kisses and hugs, darling. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a FULL weekend. this weekend, we'll be prepping for next week's Independence Day Lobster Bake. The fun never ends!

      Delete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...